Welcome to our Vintage Turntables section. Every day I check listings on eBay and select the one that I believe is the best vintage turntable from the listing at that particular time. This is not an easy task because listings change constantly. So I pick the ones that will end after 5 days or more. But that’s not a problem because I leave the listings until they expire. Therefore you’ll find items ending soon as well.
Why buy a vintage record player?
Just recently, one of my readers bought a Jensen 222. He was very disappointed because of the cheap construction and the noticeable warping sound. At the time the Jensen 222 was about $42. That same week, another reader asked me to recommend a vintage turntable because his Crosley Cruiser stop working. At the time, a Crosley Cruiser had a price of about $80. I found a Pioneer PL-L50 on eBay that ended up selling for only $34!
So, I’m going to answer the question with another question. Why buy a new bad quality turntable when you can buy a decent one at half the price? You may be thinking, “but it doesn’t have warranty”. Well, the warranty of bad quality products is just a joke, because you need to at least pay shipping costs and you’ll end up buying something better later anyway. Of course, there is risk involved when buying a vintage turntable, but buying a bad quality new player is even riskier. The durability and quality construction of certain vintage items is a warranty to me.
My criteria for selecting the best vintage turntables
- I concentrate on the best vintage turntable brands. I specially like Pioneer and Techniques.
- I select the best turntables for the money.
- I focus on affordable listings, but from time to time, I may list an expensive item if I think is a good deal.
- I don’t select “for parts or not working” items. I only select working and in good condition. I asses the condition of the product based on the sellers description and images.
- I normally don’t select items without a description, pictures or missing relevant information.
- I select sellers with positive feedback only.
Although I do my best to hand pick the best vintage record players, it is your responsibility to carefully review the sellers listing and description before buying. I highly recommend contacting the seller and ask questions you may have about the product. This is a service I give to my readers for free. However, I may get commissions from eBay if you buy a product through one of the links on this page. Consider it my pay for the hard work I do maintaining this website 🙂
Couln’t find what you’re looking for? Click the links for more listings: